Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Why this blog has been empty

If I want to make excuses, I could say I've been so busy doing all sorts of projects to actually write about the projects I'm working on. It's true, I have been working on a lot of projects and blogging about them is usually not in the forefront of my priorities.
Or I could say my parents went on an anniversary getaway recently and I had to help keep the house from falling apart while they were away. Which is also true, but the blog was inactive before that.
But honestly, these excuses are only part of the reason this blog fell by the wayside. At the heart of the problem is my insufficient use of prioritizing projects (including but not limited to this blog) and using priorities in my time management.
Or, to put it simply, I keep forgetting to write for the blog. Which is why I must examine the very reason I started this blog in the first place: to connect my mind to the real world.
See, I think a lot. I mean a lot. On the Gallup's strength finders test I was not surprised to find my top strength is intellection. (which doesn't mean I'm smart, it just means I like to think) The blog is helpful to help me get my processed thoughts down, leaving me room to move on in my thinking and giving me a chance at a tidy organized thought process.
But that's not the only reason I have this blog. On the MBTI, I'm an INTJ, a personality that comes with a lot stereotypes affiliated with it. Mostly ones involving emotionless genius villains and a few annoying genius heroes. It also means I like to plan.
So I think. I plan. And on top of that, my next strength on the list is Learner, which means the only thing that comes close to thinking on the list of things I like to do is to learn new skills. Then I think about hat I've learned. So I learn, think, plan, learn, think, plan, and then I think about ways I can continue the cycle. 
Which brings me to the other reason I have this blog. Carrying out my plans.
In this world inside my head, I come with ideas, learn skills to better these ideas, plan ways to use these ideas and skills to create something new.
But most of it is inside my head. Which is where this blog comes in. Through the power of the English language, I can take these crazy ideas and intricate plans and imprint on a page using only twenty six letters, ten numerals, some punctuation, & a few special symbols (I'm looking at you ampersand). And maybe some charts and diagrams. Those are cool too.
Because it doesn't matter how horrifyingly useless a thought is. It can't do anything while it's inside my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment