Monday, March 17, 2014

Masterpiece Monday: Heroscape Codex




So I've kind of been forgetting about my blog for the past couple weeks. (Okay, a month, but let's not dwell in the past.) I recently got involved in a project: an online magazine that is centered around the game Heroscape. (for those of you that don't know what Heroscape is, I suggest you go find out right now. Unless, of course, you hate games.) If you like to ignore orders given in parentheses, then I will give you a brief description of the game: It is the only board game I have ever played where a ninja can work together with a samurai to take down a mech, only to be caught by a massive army of gladiators led by Spartacus, and have to call in a back up of American revolutionaries and WWII paratroopers. And the board is a customizable 3D map. Now that you know about the game, you can understand why a large amount of it's fans were very unhappy about it's discontinuation. However, 4 years later, the game is still going strong due to a large and cohesive community of players.
Anyway, in this magazine I volunteered for, for am the Art Director and Co-Head and Editor of the Fan Art and Fiction section. If you like the Heroscape game, I suggest you download the latest issue of this magazine, (The Heroscape Codex) here:
Heroscapers.com - HS codex issue 2
In case you're curious, anywhere it says the name "Evar-Scarcarver" it's referring to me.

In other news, I recently got a Deviant Art account, so if you want, you can follow me on that site. My username is Evar-Scarcarver. (Noticing a trend with screen names anyone? Also, anyone notice how I might use parentheses a little too often?)

No comments:

Post a Comment